It is a common sexually transmitted infection(STI) in humans caused by the bacterium Chlamydia trachomatis.
Symptoms in women
Symptoms do not usually show early but you may see these
* Abnormal vaginal discharge that may have an odour.
* Bleeding between periods(some women think they have their periods more than once).
* Painful periods
* Abdominal pain with fever
* Pain when having sex
* Itching or burning in or around the vagina.
* Pain when urinating.
To reduce your risk of a chlamydia infection:
* Use condoms correctly during sex when not sure of the patner's status.
* Limit the number of sex partners.
* Sexual abstinence is the best
If you think you are infected, avoid sexual contact and see a doctor.
Your doctor will prescribe oral antibiotics, usually azithromycin or doxycycline.
Your doctor will also recommend your partner(s) be treated as well to prevent reinfection.
The infection should go in about a week or two with the treatment.
If not treated, you are at risk of several health problems.
If left untreated, chlamydia it can cause pelvic inflammatory disease, infertility, increase risk of ectopic pregnancy, premature births and can affect children yet to be born( eye infection, blindness, or pneumonia in the newborn). Dress Affordable silver or grey wears for cocktail party